Shoulder Pain Specialist Glen Ellyn, Illinois
If you live on Glen Ellyn, just driving down S. Park Boulevard for 10 minutes, you arrive at our chiropractic wellness center. For us, your pain (regardless of whether it is small or chronic) is important: we want to ensure your vitality, and our treatments are powerful and efficient.
Why choose NorthStar Integrated Health & Physical Medicine Center?
- Because our chiropractic doctors are the best in the area.
- Because we have +10 years of experience.
- Because you can easily schedule your own appointment through our website, or you can call us and we’ll do it in a couple of minutes.
- Because we’re less than 6 miles from you.
So don’t waste time and contact us if you start to feel pain in your shoulder. We are experts in helping you.
The shoulders are the joints with greater mobility throughout the human body, so they are prone to injuries, sprains, and sprains, as well as the very painful stiffness that some call “frozen shoulder.” Because it’s the shoulders that are responsible for the flexibility to lift and move the arms when they hurt, you may not see it possible to perform daily and usually simple activities such as dressing or even combing your hair (much less lifting or exercising).
That is why we at NorthStar Integrated Health & Physical Medicine Center attend this type of pain through innovative treatments that don’t require us to apply much force on your body or cause you even more pain.
Our specialists are innovative and professional, and they will always put your health as our top priority. That’s why we’re becoming one of the best chiropractic wellness centers in the state of Illinois.
If you live in Naperville, Downers Grove, Glen Ellyn, Wheaton, or Bolingbrook, don’t hesitate to come to our chiropractic wellness center, located in Lisle, IL. On the other hand, if you don’t live in these cities you can still schedule an appointment with us in less than five minutes and our doctors will gladly assist you.
Symptoms of shoulder pain
Shoulder pain symptoms may vary depending on the cause of the problem. The usual symptoms are as follows:
- “Frozen shoulder” that can cause pain and restriction of shoulder movements.
- Shoulder pain all the time or when you move it.
- Tendonitis (inflammation of the tendons) and/or bursitis (when the fluid that accumulates in the sack of fluid that cushions the shoulder joint). It’s likely that if you suffer from any of these, the discomfort in the man begins slowly but you will notice it when it becomes difficult for you to sleep on the affected shoulder.
Main causes of shoulder pain
There are many different causes that cause pain in one or both shoulders. The two main ones are:
- Tendonitis: deterioration under the tendon that occurs slowly over time due to some bad movement, or heavy lifting.
- Bursitis: inflammation of the bursa between the bones and underlying soft tissues.
- Tearing or injury: after an accident, poor movement, heavy lifting, or aging.
- Shoulder compression syndrome: muscle tendons get trapped and rub against the upper bone repeatedly.
Why should you go to a chiropractor?
Many patients with shoulder pain are told that they should undergo surgery, receive steroid injections or take anti-inflammatory medications to relieve pain. Unfortunately, these treatments do not always work to reduce symptoms reliably, particularly in patients with frozen shoulder syndrome.
Although some are reluctant to believe it yet, chiropractic is an effective method to relieve pain and rehabilitate the shoulder, so that people can continue their pace of life.