If you are in Wheaton and you are looking for a place to help improve that neck pain, then the NorthStar Integrated Health & Physical Medicine Center is very close to you.
Here are some of the consequences that neck pain can bring you:
- Weakness in shoulders and arms.
- Severe headaches.
- Pain in the chest and arms.
All these symptoms are preventable without proper maintenance, only that your body needs after weeks of hard work. In these cases, it’s much better to attack the symptoms before they become chronic or escalate. For this, our chiropractic doctors will guide you through treatments and subsequently prevention of this type of pain and injury. If you want to make an appointment you just have to send an email, or you can simply see our calendar on the website or make a reservation by mail.
Everyone has experienced neck pain once in their lives. It’s normal to happen when the muscles are distended due to poor posture. However, on some occasions, neck pain can turn out to be somewhat more serious.
Some symptoms of acute neck pain are:
- Little ability to move/turn the head.
- Stiff muscles.
- Pain if you hold your head in one place for long periods (such as when you drive or are in front of the computer working).
Luckily for you, we at NorthStar Integrated Health & Physical Medicine Center have a team of chiropractic specialists who are more than capable of performing and eradicating your pain with modern methods that won’t make you suffer, nor do they need to exert too much force on you to heal yourself.
Our specialists are located in Lisle, where they serve patients from neighboring cities, such as Naperville, Downers Grove, Glen Ellyn, Wheaton and Bolingbrook, IL.
How to know if you should look for a chiropractor?
Usually, neck pain improves with rest at home. However, if your neck pain doesn’t improve, it is very important that you look for a chiropractor as soon as you can (especially if it’s a pain caused by an injury, such as a dive in the water or car accident).
What symptoms should you have to be sure you need a chiropractor?
- Having a very severe neck pain and for several days without relief.
- Neck pain that extends to your arms or legs.
- Neck pain accompanied by headache, numbness, or tingling.
Some causes of neck pain
The neck can be very vulnerable to injuries and disorders that generate pain and limit movement because it’s responsible for supporting the weight of the head. The main causes of neck pain are:
- Damaged joints (in most cases, the joints exhaust with age. Osteoarthritis causes cartilage between the vertebrae to deteriorate).
- Impingement of the nerve.
- Muscle tensions (caused by carrying a lot of weight, staying hunched for a long time, clenching your teeth, or reading books in bed).
- Other diseases (such as rheumatoid arthritis or meningitis at birth).